Course Provider Biographies
CEDengineering.com prides itself on being selective with PDH and CEU subject matter experts based on their educational background and field of expertise. Our course providers are selected based on the following criteria:
- Must be Licensed Professional Engineers or
- Must hold a post-graduate engineering degree (MS or PhD) from an accredited four-year university
The credentials of CEDengineering.com Course Providers are complemented by extensive experience directly related to the subject matter they offer; consequently, distinguishing them as highly qualified subject matter experts.
Feel free to browse our elite team of Course Providers below. If you have any question related to a specific Course Provider, please contact us at email@example.com.
James Yarmus, Ph.D., P.E., F.NSPE, F.ADr. James Yarmus is an online PDH course provider of continuing education courses for professional engineers.
He is the President and Founder of two professional practices: a building inspections company and an environmental consultant firm. He consulted on various projects such as litigation, mortgage studies, building and code work.
Dr. Yarmus is a mentor in the field of education. He has taught in various higher level institutions including Stevens Institute of Technology, Rutgers University and Berkeley College in the fields of transportation engineering, civil and sanitary engineering, organizational behavior, urban planning, project management, construction management and operations management.
He has served in various technical societies, held several top positions such as Chairman, President, Fellow member, etc. and earned numerous honors and awards for his exemplary service.
Dr. Yarmus is a licensed Professional Engineer in the states of New York, Florida, New Jersey, Connecticut, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Massachusetts.
Jeffrey Cwalinski, P.E.Mr. Jeffrey Cwalinski is an online PDH course provider of continuing education courses for professional engineers.
Mr. Cwalinski holds a BSEE degree from Union College in Schenectady, NY, in 1977, and a MSEE degree from Union College in Schenectady, NY, in 1986. He is also a registered professional engineer in New York State.
Mr. Cwalinski has been involved in the design of control systems since 1979. He served as a member of the adjunct faculty at Hudson Valley Community College from 1982 to 1989. He was awarded patent 5,428,219, Fiber optic inclination detector system having a weighted sphere with reference points. He is currently employed as an engineer involved in the development of control systems for testing materials.
Courses provided to CED Engineering by Mr. Cwalinski are as follows:
Jeffrey W. Buckholz, Ph.D., P.E., PTOEDr. Jeffrey Buckholz is an online PDH course provider of continuing education courses for professional engineers.
Dr. Buckholz is a senior level traffic engineer with 32 years of wide ranging experience in the transportation profession. This experience includes transportation planning and traffic impact analysis, highway capacity analysis, advanced signal system design, ITS design, traffic signal construction, and traffic signal timing. He is familiar with the latest traffic engineering techniques and transportation software.
Dr. Buckholz is capable of handling all phases of a transportation project, from data collection and conceptual planning through traffic impact analysis and detailed roadway, intersection, and signal design. He is an adjunct professor at the University of North Florida and a court certified expert witness in the field of traffic engineering. He has also authored three training manuals on traffic signal construction, repair, and inspection for the International Municipal Signal Association.
Courses provided to CED Engineering by Dr. Buckholz are as follows:
John Tobias, Ph.D., P.E.Dr. John Tobias is an online PDH course provider of continuing education courses for professional engineers.
Dr. Tobias is an electrical engineer and scientist specializing in electrical power, lightning, electromagnetic radiation, grounding, electrocution/electrical accidents, electrical/battery fires, lighting/illumination and safety. He provides consultation services for design, intellectual property, and litigation and has operated ElectroQuest, LLC, an engineering consultancy, since October 1998.
- Licensed Professional Engineer - State of New Jersey, 1997
- B. Sc., Physics - Seton Hall University, 1987
- M. Sc., Electrical Engineering - University of Maryland, 1992
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering - New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2002
Awards and Honors:
- Listed in Who's Who in the World & Who's Who in Engineering as engineer and inventor.
- Department of the Army System Safety Professional of the Year 1994.
- United States Army Materiel Command Federal Engineer of the Year 1994 & 2000 awarded by NSPE.
- United States Army Materiel Command System Safety Engineer of the Year 1993 & 1999.
- Commander's Civilian Service Award, U.S. Army 1993.
- Department of the Army Superior Civilian Service Award, 2000.
- Grounding Device and Use Thereof, U.S. Patent No. 6,288, 327 (inventor)
- Radial Surface Ground Electrode, U.S. Patent No. 5,801,327 (inventor)
- Resonant transformer systems and methods of use, U.S. Patent 7,940,534 (co-inventor)
- 1998 - Present: ElectroQuest, LLC - Toms River, New Jersey - Principal Consulting Engineer
- 2004 - Present: U.S. Army - Fort Monmouth, New Jersey, Directorate for Safety - Electrical Engineer
- 2003 - 2004: U.S. Army - Fort Monmouth, New Jersey, Senior Antenna Research Engineer
- 1992 - 2003: U.S. Army - Fort Monmouth, New Jersey, Directorate for Safety - Electrical Engineer
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers - Member
- National Fire Protection Association - Principal Member and Chair of NFPA Technical Committee on Lightning Protection
- Federal Lightning Protection Group, Chairperson - 2001
- National Committee of the International Electrotechnical Commission, Deputy Technical Advisor on Lightning Protection
- International Association of Electrical Inspectors - Inspector Member
- Lightning Protection Institute - Member, Professional Division.
Courses provided to CED Engineering by Dr. Tobias are as follows:
John Galinski, P.E.Mr. John Galinski is an online PDH course provider of continuing education courses for professional engineers.
Mr. Galinski received his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville in 1997. Mr. Galinski is currently licensed to practice engineering in 43 states plus the District of Columbia.
Mr. Galinski has over 13 years experience in the metal plate connected wood truss industry. He is experienced in designing wood roof and floor trusses for residential and commercial buildings along with designing repairs for damaged trusses and trusses in need of field modifications.
Courses provided to CED Engineering by Mr. Galinski are as follows:
John McNally, P.E., AIA, LEED APMr. John McNally is an online PDH course provider of continuing education courses for professional engineers.
Mr. McNally is a Registered Professional Engineer in the States of New Jersey and Pennsylvania and a Registered Architect in the State of New Jersey. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from the University of Connecticut and a Master of Science in Structural Engineering from the University of Illinois. Mr. McNally is a member of the American Institute of Architects, the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Association of Dam Safety Officials, and the Roof Consultants Institute. His is certified by the Structural Engineering Certification Board and is a New Jersey Certified Special Inspector as well as being a LEED accredited professional.
Mr. McNally has over thirty years of experience in the building industry including the complete architectural and structural design of buildings as well as the structural design of bridge and dams. Projects have ranged from small building renovations to large-scale projects such as the Space Shuttle Launch Complex and Nuclear Power Plants. Responsibilities have included structural design of wood, masonry, steel and concrete structures, and architectural design of complete buildings, project management, construction management, technical reports, inspections, value engineering, specifications, proposals, cost estimates and expert testimony.
Being both a Professional Engineer and a Registered Architect allows Mr. McNally the opportunity to design and/or manage all phases of the building design and construction process together with the unique ability to combine the creative aspects of architecture with the practical nature of engineering. Mr. McNally currently manages a building service division of a medium size-consulting firm.
In addition to his professional experience in structural engineering and architecture, Mr. McNally is a former adjunct at Rowan University where he taught a combined graduate and undergraduate course on advanced concrete design.
Courses provided to CED Engineering by Mr. McNally are as follows: