Through our FAQ page, you will find answers to frequently asked questions about online PDH and CEU credits or courses, by engineers seeking to satisfy their continuing education requirements.
If you have any additonal questions about our online PDH and CEU courses, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What credentials do I need to qualify as a CEDengineering.com course provider?
To qualify as a CEDengineerng.com course provider, you need to have work experience related to the subject matter you wish to teach, along with one of the following credentials:
- Professional Engineering License
- MS or PhD from an accredited four-year university
- Are there any costs that I have to bear by publishing a course on www.CEDengineerng.com?
No. You do not incur any costs by publishing a course on www.CEDengineerng.com. We bear all the following costs:
- Course review and web customization
- Course state approval administration
- Course publishing, marketing and promotion
- How do I get started?
To get started, you need to send the following information to email@example.com:
- Short biography and an updated resume
- Short description of your proposed courses
- Estimated number of hours required to review the course and complete the quiz
- Are there any course preparation guidelines that I should follow?
Yes. Please click on provide a course then click on “Course Preparation Guidelines” and follow the instructions.
- How do I earn royalties by becoming a CEDengineerng.com course provider?
You will earn a percentage of the course purchase price each time your course is purchased.
- How do I track my earnings?
Each time your course is purchased, you will receive an automated email notification instantly. You may also track your overall earnings from your account.
For more information, please click on provide a course.
- What documentation will CED provide me with as a proof for completing my course?
As a proof of completing your course, CED will provide you with a “Certificate of Completion”.
- How do I obtain my “Certificate of Completion”?
Upon passing the quiz, you may view and print the “Certificate of Completion” instantly in one the following ways:
- By clicking on “Download Certificate” at the bottom of the “Course Results” page
- By downloading it from the email notification sent to you upon successful completion of the quiz
- By accessing your account at any time and downloading it
- Do I submit the “Certificate of Completion” to my State Licensing Board?
The only time you need to submit your “Certificate of Completion” to your State Licensing Board is when:
- You are required to do so as part of the license renewal process
- You are being audited
- Does CED maintain records of my course activities?
Yes. It is the policy of CED to maintain your records for a 10-year period which exceeds the requirements of any State Licensing Board. However, you are ultimately responsible for tracking and maintaining all your course activity records for all states mandating continuing education PDH requirements. Therefore, we highly recommend that you print the “Certificate of Completion”, prepare a PDH Activity Log and save both documents for your records.
- Does CED submit my course activities to my State Licensing Board?
No. You are ultimately responsible for submitting all you course activity records required by your State Licensing Board. The Certificate of Completion we provide you includes your name, the name of the course you successfully completed, the date you completed the course, the sponsoring organization, and the PDH credits earned.
For more information, please click on state requirements.
- What is your price structure?
The normal price structure is as follows:
- $24.00 per one PDH credit earned for online courses
- $28.00 per one PDH credit earned for video presentations
- $49.50 per one PDH credit earned for live webinars.
However, discount rates are available depending on the discount type applied.
- What type of discounts does CED offer?
CED offers the following discounts:
- 20% to 40% discount on courses and videos depending on the corporate enrollment program you select. Refer to our Corporate Enrollment Programs for details
- 20% discount on courses and videos for 30 days upon signing up for our CED Monthly newsletter
- 30% discount on courses and videos for your next three (3) courses if you refer a PE to CEDengineering.com. Refer to our PE Referral Program for details
- 50% discount on courses and videos for your next three (3) courses if you refer a course provider to CEDengineering.com. Refer to our Course Provider Referral Program for details
- 20% to 30% group discount for live interactive webinars depending on the group size
- Various promotional discounts on courses, videos and webinars
- What payment options does CED accept?
CED accepts payments in one of the following ways:
Note: If you pay by credit card, you can print your “Certificate of Completion” instantly upon passing the quiz. Whereas if you pay by check, you can print your “Certificate of Completion” after we receive your payment by mail.
- By a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover)
- By PayPal if you have a Paypal account
- By check or money order payable to Continuing Education and Development, Inc. and mailed to:
Continuing Education and Development, Inc.
9 Greyridge Farm Court,
Stony Point, New York, 10980.
- How does CED secure my online payment?
CED uses PayPal and Starfield Technology to process your online credit card payment. PayPal uses the industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) issued by Starfield Technology to encrypt the information you provide us when you subscribe online. PayPal receives this information as a scrambled code, and then decrypts it on their secure servers. Therefore, your credit card information cannot be read in transit as it is secured with PayPal and Starfield Technology.
- What should I do if my online payment did not get processed?
If your transaction did not go through, please verify that the information you entered is correct, or contact your credit card banking institution. If the problem persists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I obtain a receipt for my course payment?
You may obtain a receipt for your course payment in one of the following ways:
- Download the receipt instantly from the purchase confirmation page upon completing your payment.
- Download the receipt from the email notification sent to you confirming your successful course purchase.
- Access your account at any time and download the receipt of course purchase in question.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Do I have to login to browse the CEDengineering.com website?
No. The only time you need to login is when:
- You decide to purchase a course and take the quiz
- You need to access your account
- Would I be able to edit my account information?
Yes. Just log in to your account and click on “Edit Profile”.
- What if I forget my password?
Simply log in to your account and click on “Forgot my Password” to retrieve it. If you are still unable to retrieve it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How does CED process my personal information that I provide?
CED will use your personal information internally as follows:
- To generate your “Certificate of Completion” online each time you pass a course quiz and poststore it in your account
- To notify you periodically of the latest course releases or promotional programs being offered (optional)
- Does CED share my personal information with third parties?
CED will only share your personal information with select third parties for the fulfillment of the following services:
- To process your payment with PayPal, our secure payment processing affiliate
- To provide your state engineering licensing board with pertinent information as required by certain states
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- What is a CEU?
CEU stands for Continuing Education Unit which is a conventional form of measure for continuing educational programs.
- What is a PDH?
PDH stands for Professional Development Hour and is defined as one contact hour (minimum of 50 minutes) of instruction, presentation or study.
- What is the relationship between a CEU and a PDH?
1 CEU = 10 PDHs
- How do I know if my State Licensing Board mandates continuing education requirements?
Currently there are 42 states that mandate continuing education requirements. To check if your State Licensing Board is one of the 42 states, please click on state requirements.
- How many online continuing education credits can I take each renewal period?
To find out about the limit of online credits (or any other specific information about your continuing education competency program), click on your state of licensure under state requirements.
- What are the criteria for CEDengineering.com courses to be accepted by my State Licensing Board?
A. If you are a registered Professional Engineer in one of the following pre-approval states:
Then courses taken through CEDengineering.com will be automatically accepted by these State Licensing Boards as we are already a Board Approved Sponsor for continuing education in those states.
B. If you are a registered Professional Engineer in all other states that do not pre-approve continuing education sponsors or courses, then it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that the course you wish to take is in compliance with the requirements of your State Licensing Board. Generally, the State Licensing Boards for these states will accept online continuing education courses provided that:
- A course or activity whose purpose and objective are clear with a content that will maintain, improve or expand the skills and knowledge of the licensee’s field of practice” as recommended in the NCEES CPC Guidelines.
- The completion of the course can be independently verified by taking a quiz and grading it with the results being maintained by the course provider for a specific period of time.
C. With CED, we encourage you to view all our courses prior to purchase. That’s how confident we are about the quality of our courses on which CED built its reputation since the inception of continuing education programs. However, we still would like you to know about our refund/exchange policy for your convenience.
- If your purchased course is not accepted by your state board, not only we will refund you the full purchase price of the course, but we will offer you a replacement course of an equal value at no additional cost, upon receiving a written proof of denial from your State Board.
- If you are not satisfied with a course you just purchased within the last 24 hours and you have not taken the quiz, we will issue you a full refund of the course upon receiving a written request within that 24-hour period.
- If you are not satisfied with a course you purchased within the last 30 days and you have not taken the quiz, we will exchange the course for an equal value upon receiving a written request within that 30-day period.
CED prides itself on the quality of its courses as, to date, not a single CED course was ever rejected by any PE State Licensing Board. At the end of the day, your satisfaction is out utmost priority.
For more information, please click on state requirements.
- What’s the procedure for taking an online course through CEDengineering.com?
To take an online course, please do the following:
- Browse our course listings through the left navigational column.
- Select and add your courses of ineterest to the shopping cart and complete the payment process.
- Take the quiz online.
- Print your “Certificate of Completion” instantly. (Note: you can also access your account and downpoad your certificate at any time.)
- What is the format of the quiz?
The quiz consists of multiple-choice questions or a combination of multiple-choice and True/False type questions. Depending on the length of the course, the minimum number of questions required would generally be as follows:
- 1 to 2 Unit-Hour Course 10 Questions
- 3 Unit Hour Course 15 Questions
- 4+ Unit Hour Course 20 Questions + 5 more for every Unit Hour
- Is there a time limit for the course and the quiz?
No. You may take as much time as you need to review the course and complete the quiz. You can save your quiz answers at any point and return to the quiz at any time.
- What happens if I don’t achieve the passing grade of 70%?
If you don’t complete the quiz on the first attempt, you may retake it as many times as necessary in order to pass at no additional cost.
- How do I retake the quiz at a later date?
If you decide to return later and retake the quiz, simply log in to your account and retake the quiz for the course in question.
- Can I purchase the same course I took previously?
Yes. You can purchase the same course your previously purchased provided that one year has elapsed from the date of your last purchase.
For more information, please click on how it works.
- Why am I unable to log in on www.CEDengineering.com?
Please verify your User ID (email address) and Password and login again. Make sure that you turn off the “All Caps” button as they are case-sensitive. If you are unable to login, click on “Forgot your Password”, and we will send you your login information. If you still can’t login, you may need to adjust your web browser cookies. Please read this article to understand how you can enable cookies on all browsers.
- Why am I unable to access your PDF files?
You need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view and print PDF files. Please click on the icon below to download the latest free version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Why am I unable to take the quiz after completing the payment process?
Once you successfully complete your payment, click on "Take Quiz" from your account in order to proceed with the quiz.
- Why am I unable to view or access the “Receipt of Course Purchase” or the “Certificate of Completion” after completing the quiz?
This is most probably becuase you have elected to pay by check or money order and we have not received either one yet. Once received, we will email you both documents. You can also log in to your account at any time and downloading your “Receipt of Course Purchase” and “Certificate of Completion”.
- Why am I unable to find my completed course records in my account?
This is most probably because you have more than one account with us due to a change in your email address. You may elect to use your multiple accounts to access your records; however, we recommend that you notify us to combine your accounts into one by providing us with your old and new email addresses.
For additional technical support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.