An Introduction to Fill and Backfill for Structures
This online engineering PDH course is an introduction to the methods for employing fill and backfill in foundations for buildings and other structures. It discusses the different types of fill and backfill, foundations on compacted fills, compaction requirements, placement and control of backfill materials, hydraulic fills, and selection and processing of backfill materials.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for civil, structural and geotechnical engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting to learn the fundamentals of fill and backfill for buildings and other structures. This course will give you an introduction to materials evaluation, selection, placement and control for fill and backfill operations for buildings and other structures.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the different types of fill
- Learning about foundations constructed on compacted fills
- Understanding the recommended compaction requirements for different types of soils and structures
- Knowing the fundamentals of placing and controlling backfill materials
- Learning how to control for fill settlement
- Learning how and where hydraulic fills are employed
- Knowing the fundamentals of planning and design of structures to accommodate backfill operations
- Understanding the fundamentals of evaluation, design and processing of backfill materials
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Fill and Backfill for Structures" and provided below.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.