Thermodynamics and HVAC Principles and Practice
This online engineering PDH video presentation demonstrates how to analyze and solve various types of practical thermodynamic problems through multiple case studies.
Through this video course, users are expected to learn or refresh fundamental principles and concepts of thermodynamics in a simple, easy to understand, format; catalysed by live discussion on the topic in the presentation. This video course illustrates application of thermodynamic principles in practical industrial, commercial and residential applications. Moreover, this course presents the laws, equations, graphs, charts, tables and diagrams, pertaining to various thermodynamics concepts, which are utilized in the analysis and solution of the case study problems.
This 7 PDH online video presentation is intended for all engineers, manufactures, facility managers and others who are not intimately familiar with thermodynamics principles and practices.
This continuing education video presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning the concept of heat energy and its correspondence with work and other forms of energy in the thermodynamics realm
- Learning the concept of specific heat and its role in calculation of heat associated with change of temperature in thermodynamic systems
- Understanding the conversion of energy from fuel form to heat, from heat to steam, from steam to work, and work to electricity – illustrated through a comprehensive, multistage, case study
- Learning the concepts of enthalpy, entropy, internal energy, work, and power
- Understanding the difference between sensible and latent heats, and their role in the change of phases of substances
- Gaining an understanding about the role of saturated and superheated steam tables in thermodynamics system analysis and determination of the phase of water
- Understanding the practical significance and the difference between various thermodynamic processes, i.e. isobaric, isenthalpic, isentropic, adiabatic, isochoric, isometric, isothermal, etc.
- Familiarizing with Mollier’s diagram, the psychrometric chart and their applications in design and optimal operation of HVAC Systems
- Understanding the refrigeration cycle and get insight into refrigeration process through review of pressure-enthalpy performance of DuPont® 134a refrigerant
- Familiarizing with the energy conservation and process optimization value offered by direct digital, or automated, control of HVAC Systems
- Learning about the typical architecture of automated HVAC systems
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.