Iowa Transportation 15 PDH Discount Package 2
Courses in this Package
Low-Cost Treatments for Horizontal Curve Safety (C08-020)
Transportation Management Plans for Work Zones (C07-001)
This online PDH course primarily covers engineering countermeasures for horizontal curve safety that are relatively low-cost, such as signage and pavement markings.
This course is intended to provide information specifically relating to lower volume two-lane roads and the agencies that manage them. It will help transportation agencies and their crews understand the available countermeasures and how to select and apply them.
This 8 PDH online course is applicable to traffic engineers, local transport agencies, design professionals and personnel who wish to understand the available horizontal curve safety countermeasures and how to select and apply them.
- Learning about the two components of safety improvements
- Familiarization with the markings, signs, and pavement countermeasures that are used to improve horizontal curve safety
- Addressing the importance of roadside conditions and improvement opportunities
- Familiarization with the possible means of improving intersections
This online engineering PDH course sets forth some basic guiding principles and describes a general approach for developing, implementing, and assessing TMPs. This course is a compendium of guidance material, available resources, and suggested practices to help develop, implement, and assess transportation management plans (TMP) for work zones.
Work zone objectives, needs, and issues vary from project to project. Therefore, it is ultimately up to the professional to establish procedures and implement TMPs that best serve the safety and mobility needs of the traveling public, highway workers, businesses, and community.
This 7 PDH online course is applicable to transportation planners, traffic engineers, agency personnel as well as design and construction personnel involved with the development, review, approval, implementation, and assessment of TMPs.
- Understanding the purpose of transportation management plans
- Learning the process for TMP development, implementation and assessment
- Knowledge of potential TMP components
- Implementing work zone impacts management strategies
- Familiarizing with current TMP use, examples and practices
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the Federal Highway Administration Publication FHWA-HOP-05-066, "Developing and Implementing Transportation Plans for Work Zones".