Small Wind Electric Systems to Power Your Home
This online engineering PDH course focuses on small wind electric systems which can make a significant contribution to our nation's energy needs. It begins by providing tips on how to make our homes more energy efficient and whether the system works for us or not. Also, it illustrates the basic parts of a small wind electric system: how it works; how to size a wind turbine; how to calculate the energy generated by the system; as well as how to determine if there is a good source of wind on the property. In addition, this course provides information on how to connect the system to the utility grid and if it is practical or not; as well as information about going "Off-Grid", i.e. Hybrid.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to mechanical and electrical engineers, architects, construction professionals, developers, homeowners and any other technical personnel interested in gaining a better understanding of the design and installation of small wind electric system.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Determining if wind electric systems work for you
- Learning how to make your home more energy efficient
- Understanding the basic parts of a small wind electric system and how it works
- Learning how to size a wind turbine and determine how much energy will the system generate
- Familiarizing with the costs associated with the installation of a wind turbine
- Determining wind capacity on the site and siting wind turbine locations
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the U.S Department of Energy, "Small Wind Electric Systems" publication.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.