Professional Engineer's Guide to Energy Star® for Commercial Buildings
This online engineering PDH course is fully based on the US Environmental Protection Agency guide, “2009 Professional Engineer's Guide to the ENERGY STAR® Label for Buildings” and is divided into 6 modules, each covering a single topic and contains a purpose, background, expectations, hints and tips, and questions and answers. Where needed, industry standards are referenced and tables are provided to illustrate the relevant standard requirements.
ENERGY STAR® labeling of the building is an effort by US Environmental Protection Agency to help mitigate the society’s impact on the environment and climate change. The process requires Professional Engineers to validate each statement of Energy Performance that is used to apply for the Energy Star label. As a program of the US government, the program is free. However, it does require a professional engineer to review the application and perform a detailed field assessment and verification.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for professional engineers who plan, design, install, and operate building services systems. This course is intended to assist the PE community in understanding the requirements of the Statement of Energy Performance, the Data Checklist, and the expectations and limitations of the PE’s role in the ENERGY STAR labeling process.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the qualifications required for Energy Star Labeling
- Understanding the requirements of validating the Energy Performance Statement
- Understanding the categories of building types eligible for Energy Star Labeling
- Understanding the data required to validate the physical characteristics of the building
- Understanding the data required to validate the operating characteristics of the building
- Understanding the verification requirements of all forms of energy used for building operation
- Understanding the verification requirements of the thermal conditions of the building
- Understanding the verification requirements of the illumination requirements of the interior and exterior spaces
- Understanding the verification requirements of the minimum ventilation rates and acceptable indoor air quality of indoor spaces
- Understanding the format of various forms and checklists
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled “2009 Professional Engineer's Guide to the ENERGY STAR® Label for Buildings”.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.