LEED Rating System for Green Buildings
This online engineering PDH course provides relevant and insightful information on the LEED Green Building Rating System.
A "green" building is a building that is energy and resource efficient, non-wasteful and non-polluting, flexible and adaptable for long-term functionality, easy to operate and maintain, and are supportive of the productivity and well being of the occupants. So-called green buildings are constructed or renovated under sustainable development, a design process that reduces the harmful impact on natural resources and looks at the life-cycle costs of the facility.
Historically, how to define and standardize the green building is a long term challenge until the advent of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System, which is on the minds of many people in the building industry these days, and employers are looking to bolster their green credentials any way possible, including having employees that are LEED accredited.
This 6 PDH online course is intended for achitects, realtors, building owners, facility managers, environmentalists, consulting engineers, interior designers, landscape architects, construction managers, energy auditors, lenders and educators and others pursuing LEED AP certification. Furthermore, experienced building industry practitioners involved in LEED projects as part of their professional services will benefit from this course as well.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- LEED Project Eligibility, Registration & Certification Process
- LEED Credit Interpretation Ruling & Appeal Process
- LEED Prerequisites, Credit Points and Rating Scale
- LEED Sustainable Sites - Construction Activity Pollution Prevention
- LEED Sustainable Sites - Site Selection, Development Density, Community Connectivity and Brownfield Redevelopment
- LEED Sustainable Sites - Alternative Transportation
- LEED Sustainable Sites - Site Development and Stormwater Design
- LEED Sustainable Sites - Heat Island Effect and Light Pollution Reduction
- LEED Water Efficient Landscaping
- LEED Innovative Wastewater Technologies
- LEED Water Use Reduction
- LEED Energy Performance
- LEED Refrigerant Management
- LEED Measurement and Verification
- LEED Green Power
- LEED Material & Resources Storage and Collection of Recyclables
- LEED Material & Resources Reuse and Renewable Materials
- LEED IAQ Performance
- LEED Environment Tobacco Smoke Control
- LEED Outdoor Air Delivery Monitoring and Increased Ventilation
- LEED Low Emitting Materials
- LEED Thermal Comfort and Daylighting
- LEED Innovation in Design
- LEED Accredited Professional
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled: "LEED Rating System for Green Buildings".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.