Engineering Ethics for North Carolina Professional Engineers
This online engineering PDH course presents the laws and rules of ethics and professional responsibility governing the practice of engineering in the State of North Carolina.
Engineering ethics is (1) the study of moral issues and decisions confronting individuals and organizations involved in engineering and (2) the study of related questions about moral conduct, character, ideals and relationships of peoples and organizations involved in technological development (Martin and Schinzinger, Ethics in Engineering).
Excerpts from the North Carolina Engineering and Land Surveying Act, Chapter 89C and Title 21, Chapter 56 of the North Carolina Administrative Code which relate to the rules of profession conduct, continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and other pertinent regulatory provisions are presented in this course.
This 1 PDH online course is applicable to Professional Engineers licensed in the State of North Carolina and who are required to demonstrate continuing professional competency in engineering ethics as a condition of their license renewal (effective 2024). For each renewal period, every licensee must complete fifteen (15) professional development hours, at least one of which must be in ethics or rules of professional conduct.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the laws and rules regulating the practice of engineering in the State of North Carolina
- Learning about engineering ethics, the rules of professional conduct and responsibility
- Understanding the role of the North Carolina Board and its disciplinary authority
- Understanding the continuing education requirements and proper use of seal in the State of North Carolina
- Gaining an overview of disciplinary cases, violations and their corresponding penalties imposed by the North Carolina Board
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.