Engineering Ethics for North Carolina Professional Engineers
This online engineering PDH course presents the laws and rules of ethics and professional responsibility governing the practice of engineering in the State of North Carolina. Excerpts from the North Carolina Engineering and Land Surveying Act, Chapter 89C and Title 21, Chapter 56 of the North Carolina Administrative Code which relate to the rules of profession conduct, continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and other pertinent regulatory provisions are presented in this course.
Engineering ethics is (1) the study of moral issues and decisions confronting individuals and organizations involved in engineering and (2) the study of related questions about moral conduct, character, ideals and relationships of peoples and organizations involved in technological development (Martin and Schinzinger, Ethics in Engineering).
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to North Carolina Professional Engineers who face different situations on daily basis while practicing engineering. This course will provide moral and ethical guidance to engineers in their decision making process. Most importantly, it will provide engineers with insight on how to respect and protect their profession with utmost professionalism.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Overview of the laws and rules regulating to the practice of engineering in the State of North Carolina and their application to Professional Engineers
- Understanding the roles of the North Carolina Board and its disciplinary authority
- Learning about engineering ethics and the rules of professional conduct and responsibility
- Understanding the continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and more in the State of North Carolina
- Understanding the North Carolina Board disciplinary process
- Review of the disciplinary cases and along the range of violations and corresponding penalties imposed by the North Carolina Board
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled "Engineering Ethics for North Carolina Professional Engineers".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.