Engineering Ethics for Delaware Professional Engineers
This online engineering PDH course presents the laws of professional responsibility governing the practice of engineering in the State of Delaware, as well as, the Delaware engineering code of ethics as follows:
- Delaware Professional Engineers' Act: Title 24, Chapter 28
- Delaware Engineering Code of Ethics
Engineering ethics is (1) the study of moral issues and decisions confronting individuals and organizations involved in engineering and (2) the study of related questions about moral conduct, character, ideals and relationships of peoples and organizations involved in technological development (Martin and Schinzinger, Ethics in Engineering).
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to Professional Engineers licensed in the State of Delaware and who are required to demonstrate continuing professional competency in engineering ethics as a condition of their license renewal. For each renewal period, every licensee must complete thirty (30) professional development hours (PDH) by June 30 of even years; 3 to 6 of which must be relative to engineering ethics or professional conduct and 9 of which may relate to project management or business skills. All other PDH's must be technical in nature and must relate to the licensee's area of practice.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the statutory laws regulating the practice of engineering in the State of Delaware and their application to professional engineers
- Understanding the Delaware Engineering Code of Ethics promulgated by the Council of the DAPE to safeguard life, health and property and promote public welfare
- Learning about the engineering rules of professional responsibility and ethical conduct as well as understanding the basic obligations of the engineer
- Understanding the Delaware disciplinary process and the range of violations and corresponding penalties imposed by DAPE
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled “Engineering Ethics for Delaware Professional Engineers”.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.