Energy Savings in MEP Systems - Energy Systems
This online engineering PDH course describes a wide variety of integrated sustainable concepts and practical ideas from design to facility operation that will help with the integration of the various systems within the building. Part V of this source document focuses on the energy using systems of a facility including HVAC, lighting, water heating, energy control, motors, etc.
In today's building industry the concept of integrated sustainable design has taken root and is branching out into full blossom. Green is considered the responsible way to design. Integrated design is a process whereby the various disciplines involved in design (architects, mechanical and electrical engineers, interior design professionals, etc.) work together to come up with design solutions that maximize performance, energy conservation, and environmental benefits.
This 8 PDH online course is applicable to all engineers, design and construction personnel, technical staff and facility personnel who are interested in gaining a better understanding "green" integrated building design in general and more specifically for federal buildings.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Energy and conservation issues
- Boilers, air distribution systems, chillers, absorption cooling
- Desiccant dehumidification
- Ground-source heat pumps
- HVAC technologies to consider
- Heat-recovery water heating, solar water heating
- Fluorescent lighting, electronic ballasts, lighting controls, exterior lighting
- Office, food service, and laundry equipment
- Energy management
- High-efficiency drives, variable-frequency motors, power factors
- Electric power systems analysis
- Microturbines, fuel cells, photovoltaics, wind energy, biomass energy systems
- Combined heat and power systems
In this professional engineering CEU course, you will need to review the material contained in the Greening of Federal Facilities, Second Edition, May 2001, Part V, Energy Systems.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.