An Introduction to Trickling Filter Wastewater Treatment Plants
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to trickling filter wastewater treatment plants.
Trickling filter plants have been justified by their low initial cost, low operating and maintenance costs, and relative simplicity of operation. Although the effluent from trickling filter plants of earlier design was of poorer quality than that from activated sludge plants, the performance of trickling filters designed more recently is comparable to that of activated sludge plants. Both processes offer certain advantages, with trickling filters providing good performance with minimal operator care and few, if any, energy requirements.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for civil and environmental engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to the design and operation of trickling wastewater treatment filters.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about fundamental design data and information for trickling filter processes
- Learning about the recommended depth criteria and application rates for stone media trickling filters
- Learning about recirculation as a recommended method of increasing the biochemical oxygen demand removal efficiency of high-rate trickling filter processes
- Learning about the recommendations for design recirculation rates for high-rate filters
- Learning about hydraulic and organic loading rates and their importance as key design factors whether a surface application is continuous, intermittent, constant rate, or varying rate
- Learning how ventilation provides aerobic conditions for effective treatment
- Learning how the performance of trickling filters will be affected by temperature changes in the wastewater and filter films
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Trickling Filter Wastewater Treatment Plants".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.