An Introduction to Small Flow Waste Treatment Systems
This online engineering PDH course will introduce you to small flow waste treatment systems such as septic tanks, waterless toilets, filtration and reuse systems, Imhoff tanks, and packaged treatment plants. You will learn about subsurface absorption and how to conduct percolation tests. You will learn how to utilize leaching wells, sand filters, mound systems and other methods of waste disposition. The systems you will be introduced to in this course will generally be applicable to facilities with a waste discharge requirement of less than 1.0 million gallons per day.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for engineers, design professionals, and construction personnel who are interested in gaining an introduction to small flow waste treatment systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning the population limitations of septic tank systems
- Learning the importance of detention time when using septic tanks
- Learning how subsurface absorption is used in conjunction with septic tanks
- Learning the subsurface soil conditions required to utilize leaching wells
- Learning how to determine soil percolation rates
- Learning about humus composting toilets
- Learning the pros and cons of incineration toilets
- Learning how intermittent sand filters are used to treat waste from Imhoff and septic tanks
- Learning when conditions may dictate use of a mound system rather than a leach field
- Learning the soil and site factors that limit the use of mound systems
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document tilted, "An Introduction to Small Flow Waste Treatment Systems".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.