An Introduction to Plumbing and Gas Systems for Medical Facilities
This online engineering PDH course presents the basics of designing plumbing and gas systems for medical treatment facilities such as hospitals, medical and dental offices, and clinical and research medical and dental laboratories. This course discusses plumbing systems including cold and hot water; sanitary, storm and industrial (acid) drainage systems. It also describes the fundamentals of medical gas systems including medical and dental compressed air, surgical handpiece drive air, medical-surgical vacuum, high and low dental vacuum, dental dust evacuation, waste anesthesia gas disposal, oxygen, nitrous oxide, sterilization and process (fuel) gas.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for engineers and design professionals who are interested in gaining an understanding of plumbing systems for medical and dental treatment facilities and laboratories, as well as piping systems for various medical gasses. This course will provide engineers and design professionals with the foundation they will need to address design issues for a variety of clinical, laboratory and research facilities.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about waterborne pathogen prevention and control
- Learning about continuity of service and backflow prevention for potable water supply systems
- Learning about typical demand for hot water systems
- Learning about sanitary drainage systems including protection of special fixtures and equipment
- Learning about storm water disposal principles at medical treatment facilities
- Learning about fuel gas piping
- Learning about gas distribution systems for medical and dental treatment facilities
- Learning the fundamentals of medical compressed air systems
- Learning about dental compressed air system
- Learning the basics of clinical and research laboratory air systems
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Plumbing abd Gas Systems for Medical Facilities".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.