An Introduction to Fire Suppression Systems Inspection, Testing and Maintenance
This online engineering PDH course describes practices for inspection, testing and maintenance of fire detection, alarm and suppression systems for buildings and related infrastructure to assure reliable and effective operation in emergency situations. It presents the principles of Reliability Centered Maintenance.
The objective of Inspection, Testing and Maintenance (ITM) for fixed fire protection systems is to assure that the systems will function on demand. Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) analysis identifies any defects responsible for system malfunction and how they can be detected and corrected before a fire. A byproduct of RCM analysis is a list of ITM tasks and how often they must be accomplished (frequencies) to achieve a desired reliability.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for mechanical, electrical and fire protection engineers and other design, operation and maintenance personnel involved with the reliability of fire detection, annunciation and suppression systems and equipment.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding how RCM applies to ITM of fire protection systems and equipment
- Learning about the ITM tasks that apply to fire detection and alarm equipment
- Knowing how inspect and maintain wet pipe sprinkler systems
- Learning about the testing procedures for deluge fire suppression systems
- Learning about pre-action automatic sprinkler system inspection methods
- Learning how water spray systems require special maintenance procedures
- Understanding the requirements for low-expansion foam system inspection and testing
- Understanding the test discrepancy limitations that can result in a fire suppression system being out of conformance with acceptable measures of reliability
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, "An Introduction to Fire Suppression Systems Inspection, Testing and Maintenance".
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.