An Introduction to Electrical Generators for Power Plants
This online engineering PDH publication provides an introduction to electrical generator systems and equipment for power generating plants.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for electrical engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to generators for electric power generating plants.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about typical voltage ratings and systems
- Learning about power plant service power systems
- Understanding the fundamentals of the common bus system
- Understanding the fundamentals of the unit type system
- Learning about the design principles for station switchgear
- Learning about the generator types and standards
- Understanding the basics of generator excitation voltage and systems
- Learning about generator leads and switch yards
- Learning about the schematic configuration for a typical synchronizing bus
- Learning about the schematic for a typical ring bus
- Learning about segregated and isolated phase buses
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Electrical Generators for Power Plants".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.