An Introduction to Design of Heating and Cooling Distribution Systems
This online engineering PDH course presents an introduction to the design of heating and cooling distribution systems outside of buildings. It provides information about system selection, distribution media selection, and general distribution system design. It discusses distribution systems in trenches, pre-engineered underground systems, prefabricated underground heating and cooling distribution systems, and aboveground heat distribution systems. The information provided is applicable to high temperature hot water, low temperature hot water, low pressure steam, high pressure steam, and chilled water systems.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for engineers, architects and construction professionals who are seeking an introduction to the design of steam, hot water and chilled water distribution systems outside of buildings. It will provide engineers and others an understanding of some of the basic materials, systems, and configuration of piping, valving, manholes and drainage for systems that distribute hot water, steam, and chilled water for use outside of buildings where heating and cooling are required.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the four most common systems for distributing hot water, chilled water and steam outside of buildings.
- Learning the order of preference for high temperature water and steam/condensate distribution systems.
- Learning the order of preference for low temperature and chilled water distribution systems.
- Learning the basic requirements for plan and profile drawings for laying out distribution systems.
- Learning the basic details of valve manholes for distribution systems.
- Learning about the basic configuration of valve manholes and drainage sumps.
- Learning the basics of electrical systems for drainage pumps.
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled: "An Introduction to Design of Heating and Cooling Distribution Systems".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.