An Introduction to Control and Chemical Feeding for Wastewater Treatment
This online engineering PDH course presents criteria on metering, instrumentation, controls, and chemical feeding devices used in wastewater disposal systems. Specific design problems may require departures from these practices; therefore, use these criteria with discretion.
For example, use of computers and microprocessors for data logging, indication, and process control is considered an emerging technology. This technology is presently primarily applicable to large wastewater treatment plants with adequately trained staff to maintain the hardware (greater than 10 Mgd size). However, improvements in electronics, hardware, software, and sensing devices (primarily sensing elements) will make this technology more desirable for smaller plants. Detailed information is not included for such emerging technology because of its state of rapid change and because additional development and application experience need to occur before application to the smaller facilities is justified.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to the process technologies, equipment and design practices for controlling and chemically treating industrial and oily wastewater.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about primary measuring devices for wastewater treatment systems
- Learning about discrete and analog control devices and where they are applied
- Understanding the application and limitations of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical signaling systems
- Learning about the different chemical treatments for industrial wastewater streams containing cyanide, metals and oil
- Learning about the different types of chemical feeders and their application and limitations
- Knowing the basics of chemical treatment processes including adsorption, coagulation, oxidization, pH adjustment, precipitation and reduction
- Learning about the basics of metering, instrumentation, and control requirements for industrial wastewater treatment systems
- Learning about chemical handling and feeding systems and operations
- Understanding the function of different chemicals for industrial and oily wastewater treatment
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Control and Chemical Feeding for Wastewater Treatment".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.