An Introduction to Air Conditioning of Industrial Shops and Plants
This online engineering PDH course provides information on plant HVAC system design and presents recommendations according to commonly accepted industry codes and standards.
As human comfort, health and safety are the primary concerns, HVAC systems must be designed to control various parameters such as humidity, cleanliness, air temperature and distribution to maintain an acceptable environment for personnel.
The offered guidelines assist designers with little or no experience in plant HVAC system design and is based on the experience of previous designers and accepted industry codes and standards. In many cases, the material presented is subject to change due to periodic revisions of codes and standards. The HVAC system designer is ultimately responsible for verifying compliance with the requirements of the latest codes and standards and whenever differences are present, more stringent requirements should be applied in the design.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to mechanical, HVAC, and civil engineers as well as construction managers who are interested in learning more about the design of air conditioning systems for industrial plants and shops.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with plant HVAC design guidelines
- Understanding the requirements of equipment protection from various factors
- Learning about maintaining spaces that serve specific functions
- Learning about recommended clearances between different parts of a room
- Gaining a general overview of recommended space temperatures and humidity
- Knowing about air flow velocities and ventilation requirements
- Exploring building pressurization and water piping principles
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.