Air Spring Applications: Actuators and Vibration Isolation
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance on the selection, application and design of equipment using air springs. It explains the application advantages of air springs versus air or hydraulic cylinders. It also explains why air springs can be better than coil springs in vibration isolation applications. This course includes air spring selection criteria, options and design/operating considerations which must be taken into account for a well-designed system.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to mechanical, civil and industrial engineers, as well as design personnel involved with the design, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment using air springs for actuation and/or vibration isolation.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the advantages of Airstroke actuators and Airmount isolators
- Learning how to size Airstroke actuators and specify end closure options
- Knowing the parameters applicable to Airstroke actuators and Airmount isolators
- Knowing Airstroke actuator selection, guiding, stop requirements and angular capability
- Knowing Airstroke design envelop considerations & horizontal misalignment capabilities
- Knowing Airmount vibration isolator selection procedure and dynamic spring rate formula
- Knowing Airmount natural frequency formula and center of gravity considerations
- Knowing Airmount lateral rates and stability, safety stops, resonance and damping
- Learning how these devices were used in machine design to perform various functions
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the Firestone Industrial Products Company Publication EMDG1007, "Engineering Manual & Design Guide" available at http://www.firestoneip.com/site-resources/fsip/literature/pdf/EMDG.pdf.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.