Diesel Engine Fundamentals Part 2
This online engineering PDH video presentation discusses diesel engines, and covers the thermodynamic cycles, the relationship between pressure, temperature and volume, as well as common engine protection and maintenance strategies.
This course is designed to build on the knowledge gained in the course “Diesel Engine Fundamentals - Part 1”. Without exception, the reciprocating piston engine is the most influential machine ever invented by mankind. From its early beginnings as a steam engine, the piston engine has revolutionized the way we live, work and travel. The detailed content presented in this course will teach you more about this truly amazing machine.
This 3 PDH online video presentation is intended for mechanical and automotive engineers, as well as professionals of different backgrounds who are interested in gaining a detailed understanding on diesel engines used in various engineering applications.
This continuing education video presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Gaining an in depth understanding of two and four stroke engine cycles
- Learning about two and four stroke timing diagrams
- Learning about the thermodynamic gas cycles
- Knowing the different types of maintenance strategies
- Understanding the ways in which an engine is started
- Gaining a general overview on indicator and compression diagrams
- Learning about centrifugal and electrical-hydraulic governors
- Familiarizing with the different methods of engine protection using temperature, pressure, flow and level measurements
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.