Roundabout Planning and Operation
This online engineering PDH interactive presentation provides a brief overview of the steps for knowing whether roundabout implementation is necessary.
Planning for roundabouts begins with specifying a preliminary configuration, i.e. determining the minimum number of lanes required and thus deciding on the category of the roundabout: urban or rural, single-lane or double-lane. This presentation also covers the next steps that lead up to the decision to construct a roundabout with an approximate configuration at a specific location, preceding the detailed analysis and design of a roundabout.
Roundabouts come in a range of categories, and have a typical daily service volume threshold that determines the need for a detailed capacity analysis. Their performance depends on this threshold, which in turn determines their characteristics, and compares them with alternative intersection forms.
This 1 PDH online interactive presentation is applicable to traffic engineers, transportation planners, conceptual and detailed designers, and other technical professionals who are involved in the planning and operation of roundabouts.
This PE continuing education interactive presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning the steps for knowing whether roundabout implementation is necessary
- Knowing the context factors affecting their implementation
- Determining roundabout capacity based on traffic demand
- Knowing the space requirements of the selected roundabout
- Preparing an economic evaluation for roundabout implementation
- Listing the data required to evaluate roundabout performance
- Presenting the computer software packages available to estimate the capacities of basic roundabout configurations
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.