Evaluation and Guidance Development for Post-Grouted Drilled Shafts for Highways
This online engineering PDH interactive presentation provides a brief guidance for the design and construction of post-grouted drilled shafts through cost-effective and appropriate use of post-grouting techniques.
Although post-grouting of drilled shafts has been performed for nearly four decades in Europe, there has been limited application of post-grouting in the United States. Post-grouting is typically accomplished using a grout delivery system that is incorporated into a drilled shaft during construction. However, concerns remain regarding the reliance on improved performance for post-grouted drilled shafts.
This presentation summarizes the current state of practice for post-grouting of drilled shafts in the U.S., documents the analyses and evaluations performed to evaluate alternative improvement mechanisms for PGDS, and describes the findings and recommendations developed based on the work performed. The presentation concludes with recommendations for future work needed to improve post-grouting practice for transportation infrastructure.
This 4 PDH online interactive presentation is applicable to civil engineers, construction and transportation planners, designers, and other technical professionals who are involved in the grout distribution services.
This continuing education interactive presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the historical use of post-grouted drilled shafts or PGDS
- Understanding the different types of improvement mechanisms for PGDS
- Learning about the grouting principles, techniques, and systems for PGDS applications
- Familiarizing with current post-grouting practices and design methods
- Learning about measurements and control during grouting
- Conducting evaluation of PGDS resistance from load tests
- Finding recommendations for future design and construction of PGDS
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.