Concrete Pavement Preservation - Part II
This online engineering PDH interactive presentation provides guidance on two pavement preservation treatments: slab stabilization and slab jacking, and retrofitted edgedrains.
The need for the effective management of transportation assets has never been greater. In an era of an aging infrastructure, ever-increasing traffic demands, and shrinking budgets, transportation agencies are continually being asked to “do more with less” in maintaining the condition of their facilities.
Pavements represent a large part of that transportation infrastructure, and the need for their effective management is just as acute. Pavements that are left to deteriorate without timely preservation or maintenance treatments are likely to require major rehabilitation and reconstruction much sooner, and those are costly and disruptive activities
This 2 PDH online interactive presentation is intended primarily for structural and transportation engineers, design and construction personnel, and other technical professionals who are involved in concrete pavement preservation.
This continuing education interactive presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- List benefits of slab stabilization and slab jacking
- Describe recommended materials and mixtures for stabilization and slab jacking
- Identify recommended construction activities for stabilization and slab jacking
- Identify typical construction problems and remedies in relaton to slab stabilization and slab jacking
- List the benefits and issues associated with retrofitted edgedrains
- List the components of edgedrain systems
- Describe recommended installation procedures for edgedrain systems
- Identify typical construction problems and remedies in relation to retrofitted edgedrains
Once you finish watching the PDH interactive presentation, you will be redirected to your account to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of ten (10) questions to earn 2 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on this interactive presentation.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.