Coastal Construction - Designing the Building Envelope
This online engineering PDH interactive presentation provides guidance on the design of the building envelope in the coastal environment consisting of exterior doors, windows and skylights, exterior wall coverings and soffits, roof systems and attic vents.
During natural hazard events, good performance of the building is necessary. Good building envelope performance is critical for buildings being exposed to high winds and wildfire. Good performance depends on good design, materials, installation, maintenance, and repair. Good design is the key element to achieving good performance.
This 2 PDH online interactive presentation is intended primarily for structural engineers, design and construction personnel and other technical professionals who are involved in coastal construction projects.
This continuing education interactive presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the different design strategies of exterior doors to withstand and resist natural hazards
- Familiarizing with the design of the building envelope in the coastal environment comprising of floors in elevated buildings
- Learning about the different design strategies of windows and skylights to withstand and resist natural hazards
- Gaining a general overview on designs of exterior non-load-bearing walls, wall coverings, and soffits in coastal environments to resist natural hazards
- Understanding the different design options for roof systems to resist high winds, hail and seismic activates
- Learning about the design considerations for attic vents to withstand high winds, sun and wind driven rain
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.