Atomic and Nuclear Physics
This online engineering PDH interactive presentation provides a brief and fundamental understanding of atomic and nuclear physics.
The presentation introduces the basic concepts of atomic physics including the atomic nature of matter, the chart of the nuclides, radioactivity and radioactive decay, neutron interactions and fission, and the interaction of radiation with matter.
This 2 PDH online interactive presentation is applicable to industrial and nuclear engineers, construction and design personnel, technical staff and facility operators who are interested in gaining a better understanding of atomic and nuclear physics.
This continuing education interactive presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the atomic nature of matter
- Knowing the chart of the nuclides
- Learning about mass defect and binding energy
- Understanding the modes of radioactive decay
- Learning about radioactivity
- Learning about neutron interactions and nuclear fission
- Understanding energy release from fission
- Understanding the interaction of radiation with matter
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.