Understanding Performance and Productivity
This online engineering PDH course explains the "why" behind work performance principles and how to develop the "how" that is best for your situation. It also explains why much of the workplace stress stems from poorly defined expectations. Furthermore, it illustrates how to write your own measurable performance goals and help others with theirs.
There is a significant difference between being busy and being productive and a simple way to make sure your employees are always productive. The more that supervisors and employees can understand performance expectations, the greater the work satisfaction and ultimate productivity.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for anyone seeking to understand more clearly how to define performance expectations. It will help students learn to define productivity and identify the difference between work pressure and work stress. It will also prepare them to design tools to measure performance effectively and objectively.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Compare and contrast productivity with just being busy
- Clarify their expectations with elements of quality, quantity and time
- Explain why much workplace stress stems from poorly defined expectations
- Reduce much of their workplace stress by asking leaders for clarification of expectations
- Explain what SMART goals are and why they are important
- Write their own measurable performance goals and help others with theirs
- Identify the critical elements necessary for productivity
- Define and construct "feedback loops" for their work setting
- Contrast the advantage of sharing information with employees instead of hoarding it to make them seem indispensable to the department
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled "Understanding Performance and Productivity".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.