The MEP Design of Building Services
This online engineering PDH course provides fundamental knowledge and understanding of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) systems in buildings.
People in urban settings spend between 80 and 90% of their time in indoor spaces both during work and during leisure time. The aesthetics, efficiency, economy, comfort, safety and of modern buildings require close collaboration across multiple disciplines.
With the emerging trend of high-rise buildings and emphasis on sustainability, the MEP systems are becoming increasingly complex and occupying larger portions of building project work. The MEP design no more relates only to the visible elements such as lights, radiators, convectors, registers, outlet grilles, or ducts - which are the end nodes of the systems - but also to the infrastructure that supplies those elements.
Although the primary responsibility of delivering high quality building projects rests with the lead architect, the knowledge and expertise of the MEP engineers play a very important role in supporting the architect’s vision.
This 6 PDH online course is intended primarily for mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers as well as architects involved in the design and installation of MEP systems for buildings.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the architectural aspects of modern energy efficient buildings
- Acquiring fundamental knowledge of MEP systems including:
- HVAC Systems: DX systems, Chilled water systems, etc.
- Fire protection systems: Water supply, standpipe, hydrants, automatic sprinklers, etc.
- Fire alarm systems, smoke detection, annunciation, addressable devices, etc.
- Potable water supply and distribution, waste water and storm water
- Power supply and distribution: busway, cable duct, raceways, etc.
- Lighting: Interior, exterior, and emergency lighting
- Control systems, security systems (CCTV, audio/video), data networks etc.
- Vertical transportation: traction and hydraulic elevators
- Noise and acoustics for buildings
In this course, you need to review the course document titled, “The MEP Design of Building Services”.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of thirty (30) questions to earn 6 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on this course document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.