Traffic Signal Support, Indication and Signing
This online engineering PDH course provides a description of the meaning and use of vehicular and pedestrian signal indications as well as a discussion of basic signal operations. Also included in this course is a discussion of lane use control signals and signs commonly associated with traffic signal installations. An understanding of these issues is imperative if an effective traffic signal design is to be developed.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for traffic engineers and transportation design professionals who are involved in planning and designing traffic signal supports, indications and signing.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning the requirements of the MUTCD with respect to traffic signal indications
- Understanding the MUTCD requirements for longitudinal, lateral and vertical signal head placement to ensure maximum visibility
- Learning about the various types of traffic signal supports
- Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of each type of signal support
- Learning about the various elements of a mast arm signal installation
- Familiarizing with the different types of span wire signal installations
- Learning about concrete strain pole signal installation
- Understanding the concept of a clear recovery zone
- Learning about commonly used signs within a traffic signal installation
- Understanding the operation of lane use control signals
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "Traffic Signal Supports, Indications and Signing".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.