Talent Management: Getting the Most from Your Employees
This online engineering PDH course will provide an excellent foundation for a manger to build upon as he or she gains more experience in their organization and begins moving forward in their career.
What are the few significant skills (as opposed to the trivial many) that a manager should have as a package to get the most out of his or her employees - to manage their talent to achieve the maximum efficiency and productivity possible for the department?
This 6 PDH online course is intended for new supervisors or managers, those who have been in management for a while and want to expand their skills, or those who aspire to a management position in the future and want to be as prepared as possible when the opportunity is presented.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Define the term "motivation"
- Apply the concept of motivation in the workplace and daily life
- Identify motivational opportunities that lie within events at work
- Discover what will motivate their employees individually
- Answer the unspoken question employees ask themselves when the managers assign a task
- Identify who determines where the employee works between the "commitment" and "compliance" gaps during any assignment
- Identify who influences where the employee works between the "commitment" and "compliance" gaps during any assignment
- Identify for whom an employee really works while being employed
- Know the value of observing employees, not just looking at them
- Know the five important questions to ask employees as part of analyzing the department's talent
- Determine their employees' most effective method of learning
- Determine measurements for "hard skills"
- Determine measurements for "soft skills"
- Understand where the fault lies when employees are not sure of their performance expectations
- Use a performance problem flowchart to methodically eliminate possible reasons why employees are performing as expected
- Identify at least three values of setting measureable goals
- Identify The critical elements of setting effective performance goals
- Determine whether an employee's activity is productive or just busy
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled "Talent Management: Getting the Most from Your People".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.