Survey Instruments, Plumbing Valves and Other Accessories
This online engineering PDH course provides information on proper surveying techniques and the common mistakes associated with surveying operations and presents procedures for installing and repairing various accessories such as plumbing valves, pipe fittings and water distribution system components.
The surveyor should prepare the construction site before laying wastewater and water distribution systems. The work begins with site surveys using specialized surveying equipment and methods. Proper surveying techniques and equipment are vital for the proper placement and distribution of water and drainage systems.
In addition, knowing the proper material selection and location for the different distribution systems, and using the correct valves for the job is essential for the uninterrupted flow of water to a building or structure. The combination of knowledge and skill in valve repair may prevent a minor leak from becoming a major system shutdown.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to mechanical and civil engineers who are interested in learning more about proper surveying techniques and the procedures for installing and repairing various accessories such as plumbing valves, pipe fittings and water distribution system components.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the basics of surveying operations and proper use of leveling rods
- Understanding bench marks as associated with surveying
- Identifying the common errors and mistakes associated with surveying operations
- Gaining an overview of the purpose and components of a sewer stakeout
- Exploring the types, purpose, and the correct method of reading water meters
- Learning about common plumbing valves, pipes and water distribution system accessories
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.