Supply Chain Management 101
This online engineering PDH course helps the student understand the many interrelated components within the supply chain, the communications tools commonly used by the most successful manufacturers and service providers, as well as how to use the various metrics associated with managing it.
The supply chain of a business includes all of the facilities, functions and activities involving the flow and transformation of goods and services from raw materials to final customer, as well as the associated information flows. It is an integrated group of processes to "source," "make," and "deliver" products.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for project managers, department managers, process leaders, non-professional accounting staff or simply anyone wanting to gain a basic knowledge of how a supply chain works including how to calculate various critical metrics within it.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Describe the general flow of a supply chain and list the typical components within it.
- Explain how the supply chains of manufacturers and service providers differ and are alike
- Define correctly and use appropriately the various terms associated with supply chain management
- Learn to use key performance indicators
- Identify typical uncertainties in a supply chain and suggest ways to protect against them
- Describe how technology has changed the traditional supply chain and can be used as a tool for success
- Describe the advantages of trust and communication between various players in the supply chain.
Additionally, students will become familiar with such terms as:
- Inventory turns
- Days of supply
- Value chains
- The Bullwhip Effect
- Various technological tools used in modern supply chain management
- Cash-to-cash cycle
- Risk pooling
- Demand focused metrics
- Internal focused metrics
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled "Supply Chain Management 101".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.