Sexual Harassment Prevention for Illinois Professionals
This online PDH course presents a training on sexual harassment prevention in order to adopt and actively implement policies that ensure that workplaces are safe for employees to report and express their concerns about sexual harassment.
The Illinois Human Rights Act makes it a civil rights violation “[f]or any employer, employee, agent of any employer, employment agency or labor organization to engage in sexual harassment.” 775 ILCS 5/2-102(D).
The Illinois General Assembly finds that tolerance of sexual harassment has a detrimental influence in workplaces by creating a hostile environment for employees, reducing productivity, and increasing legal liability. Therefore, every employer in the State of Illinois is required to provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training that complies with section 2-109 of the Illinois Human Rights Act (“IHRA”).
This 1 PDH online course is applicable to professionals licensed in the State of Illinois and who are required to demonstrate continuing professional competency in sexual harassment prevention training as a condition of their license renewal.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Gaining an overview of sexual harassment prevention consistent with the Illinois Human Rights Act
- Familiarizing with types of unlawful sexual harassment, unwelcome behavior and working environment
- Learning about examples of conduct that may constitute unlawful sexual harassment
- Understanding sexual harassment in online environments
- Understanding employer responsibilities in the prevention, investigation, and corrective measures on sexual harassment
- Familiarizing with the Federal and State statutory laws concerning sexual harassment including remedies available to victims
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.