Sediment Impact Assessment on Streams
This online engineering PDH course presents a comprehensive overview of sediment impact assessments for channel design and restoration projects. The course will highlight the importance of sediment impact assessments in determining the potential for sediment deposition or scouring on the channel bed, which can impact the success of the project.
Additionally, the course covers the types of sediment impact assessments that can be used, ranging from visual techniques for simple projects to numerical models for complex projects, as well as the importance of a bed stability assessment to determine the anticipated channel bed response and the potential for aggradation or degradation.
Overall, this course provides a detailed guide for conducting sediment impact assessments, which are critical for successful channel design and restoration projects.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to civil, chemical, mechanical, environmental and electrical engineers, as well as anyone interested in gaining a better understanding of Sediment Impact Assessment on Streams.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the importance of sediment impact assessments in channel design and restoration projects
- Understanding bed stability assessment and its importance in channel design
- Familiarizing with the factors that can cause channel aggradation or degradation
- Understanding threshold channels and their sediment impact assessments
- Understanding the importance of sediment impact assessments in the design process
- Learning about the types of sediment impact assessments, including visual and numerical techniques
- Learning about the steps for conducting sediment impact assessments
- Learning about anticipated channel bed response and potential for aggradation or degradation
- Learning about the techniques for analyzing alluvial channels
- Knowing the closure loop on proposed design and the role of sediment impact assessments in it
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.