Safety and Health Programs in Construction
This online engineering PDH course provides responsible employers, workers, and worker representatives with a sound, flexible framework for addressing safety and health issues on diverse construction job sites.
This course follows a proactive approach to managing occupational safety and health rather than a traditional approach where actions are taken only after a worker is injured or becomes sick. Finding and fixing hazards before they cause injury or illness is a far more effective approach. Doing so avoids the direct and indirect costs of worker injuries and illnesses and promotes a positive work environment.
Employers will find that implementing the recommended practices highlighted in this course will bring other benefits as well such as improvements in production/quality, better employee morale, improved employee recruiting and retention, and a more favorable image and reputation among customers, suppliers, and the community.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to health and safety engineers, construction and project managers, site engineers, and anyone who is interested in improving the standard and level of health and safety on construction sites.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the seven core elements of the recommended practices for safety and health programs in construction
- Learning about the importance of effective management leadership
- Understanding how to promote worker participation
- Familiarizing with hazard identification and assessment
- Learning about hazard prevention and control
- Familiarizing with the education and training mindset required on site
- Gaining insight on evaluation and improvement programs
- Understanding the importance of communication and coordination for employers on multiemployer worksites
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.