Renewable Energy from the Ocean
This online engineering PDH course presents an overview of ocean energy technology as a source of renewable energy for U.S. Federal sites. It investigates ocean energy resources and new technologies under development to capture that energy. A brief history of the technologies is presented, as well as each technology's commercial market development status. Benefits and barriers to research and development are also examined along with various devices currently being validated in the field.
This 2 PDH online course is intended primarily for engineers interested in gaining an overview of the production of energy from renewable sources.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about wave, tidal and marine current
- Learning about tidal potential energy and ocean thermal energy conversion
- Learning about the available total energy resources for each type of ocean energy
- Learning about the energy conversion technologies for each type of ocean energy
- Understanding the benefits of each type of ocean energy
- Familiarizing with current projects
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy document, "Ocean Energy Technology Overview", dated July 2009.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.