Re-Powering Critical Infrastructure
This online engineering PDH course presents a methodology to identify suitable sites for the establishment of renewable energy (RE) facilities intended to support critical infrastructure in an emergency.
"RE-Powering Critical Infrastructure" presents a methodology for identifying sites—typically formerly contaminated lands, closed landfills, and mine sites—close to critical infrastructure. If a renewable energy facility were to be installed at the site, then in the event of a natural disaster disrupting the national electrical grid, the RE at the site could provide emergency back-up for the critical infrastructure. The course applies this methodology to critical infrastructure including wastewater treatement plants, drinking water treatment plants, hospitals, schools, emergency centers, cell towers, fire stations, and natural gas distribution centers.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to civil, environmental, electrical and other engineers, concerned with renewable energy applications.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with vulnerability screening to identify RE-Powering sites located in areas that are likely to experience power outages
- Knowing how to apply proximity screening to identify RE-Powering sites near a critical wastewater treatment plant
- Learning about economic screening to identify RE-Powering sites that are economically suited for siting renewable energy
- Learning how to apply needs screening to identify RE-Powering sites most likely to meet the needs of the facility being supported
- Gaining an overview of the screening methodology of critical infrastructures other than wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs)
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.