Negotiation Skills for the Workplace
This online engineering PDH course will help you negotiate more confidently and effectively the following:
- Salary packages
- Severance agreements
- Relationships between departments
- Employee accommodations
- Vendor relationships
- Disciplinary actions
- Misconduct allegations
- Disputes between workers
Professionals in large organizations deal with people-related situations, problems, and opportunities every day. They are the critical link between what the company’s executive management wants to do and what the line employees, that critical interface where work gets done, will do.
Participants will learn some very simple, yet powerful, principals about negotiations that are applicable in any situation. Whether you are very confident and assertive or introverted and compliant, these techniques will help you prepare for and conduct negotiations more successfully than you ever have before. You will also learn how to identify and counter some of the typical ‘dirty tricks’ that are used in many unethical negotiations.
This 7 PDH online course intended for those professionals interested in acquiring or enhancing their negotiation skills at the workplace.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- How to prepare for the upcoming negotiation and negotiate more confidently
- How to preserve good will even if you cannot reach an agreement
- How to deal effectively with emergency situations where you do not have preparation time
- How to ask questions that help you develop your strategy
- How to stay on track and not get distracted
- How to use outside standards to reduce the potential for conflict
- How to recognize and deal with 'dirty tricks'
- How to use a variety of ways to close a negotiation and get an agreement
- Understand the value of "interests" and the danger of "positions"
- How to define what a successful outcome looks like from your perspective and theirs
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, “Negotiation Skills for the Workplace”.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.