Motor and Drive System Basics
This online engineering PDH course presents the basics of motor and drive systems and briefly describes important terms, relationships, and system design considerations. It also describes key factors involved in motor and drive selection and system design, and provides an overview of the different types of motors and drives and their applications.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to electrical and mechanical engineers, designers, contractors, building professionals and manufacturers who are involved with motor and drive systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Detecting the indications of a poor system design
- Learning about the different types of electric motors
- Understanding motor operating characteristics
- Selecting motors and drives for their corresponding applications
- Understanding load duty cycles
- Familiarizing with common motor selection problems
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.