Millennial Engineers: Recruiting, Retaining and Developing
This online engineering PDH course is about the realization that the generation called Millennials is genuinely unlike others who have gone before and, like it or not, they are the future of your organization. This course will help you develop effective strategies to maximize their professional potential to ensure a successful transition when they become the organization.
The author identifies some specific and important characteristics of the Millennials that you must consider and provides some useful tools and guidelines to help you recruit, retain and develop these new professionals because they are not what you are used to and your practices from the past may no longer be successful when applied to them
This 8 PDH online course is intended for engineers as well as technical professionals in any leadership capacity interested in understanding this growing segment of the workforce, so they can successfully lead and develop them for the growth and expansion of their organization.
The course was written with these purposes in mind
- To help you, understand your employee better so you don’t have to go through a trial-and-error approach (or any more than necessary) as you develop a leader/subordinate relationship with them.
- You can use this as a mentoring guide to refresh your memory on what motivates people, how to analyze performance problems and get to their basic cause, and some good suggestions on effective delegation and empowerment that will help you keep them focused on maximizing their potential. (In other words, helping them learn to help you.)
- You can use this as a development resource for your Millennials to read and bring back to you for discussion about how the content may apply to your workplace. The more you engage with them in these development topics and you see them grow professionally, you will see your years of hard work and perseverance become a legacy you are passing on to the next generation.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Identifying specific characteristic differences between the Millennial workforce and the older Generation X
- Using their understanding of these differences to devise effective recruitment, retention and development strategies
- Implementing those strategies to reshape their organizations to maximize the potential of these young professionals
- Identifying personal and professional growth opportunities for Millennials
- Devising performance feedback and measurement systems to allow them to self-monitor and control their performance levels
- Identifying specific career development risks associated with high-potential Millennials
- Identifying and implementing five elements of motivating Millennials
- Devising effective delegation and empowerment opportunities for their Millennial subordinates
- Identifying reasons they may have difficulty delegating effectively
- Conducting a risk analysis of the rewards associated with Millennial delegation and empowerment
- Effectively defining “hard” and “soft” performance measurements to manage Millennial performance
- Analyzing and identifying the causes of typical performance problems
- Listing at least five areas of self-developmental focus critical to a Millennial
- Identifying a personal working style and relate effectively with those different from you
- Listing at least four critical areas of emotional behavior that must be developed
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.