Manage Productivity to Maximize Profit
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance on the design and management of efficient work processes in any environment for any product. Public organizations will benefit as much as private because work efficiency and productivity is essential to both. The concepts presented here are universal whether processing legal documents or building toasters on an assembly line.
Profitability only comes when we make the most efficient and effective use of our existing resources and available data. This course provides the "big picture" of production with simple explanations for terms such as cycle time, line adequacy, the way to determine the number of work stations required, and the best sequence for tasks along the assembly line to make production as efficient as possible.
This 8 PDH online course is intended for anyone seeking to understand what makes a production line efficient and adequate and how to determine the appropriate number of work stations required to meet goals, product cycle time, and steps that could be taken to improve it.
(Disclaimer: This course contains portions of CED Course No. K04-003 - Budget Concepts for Non-Financial Leaders and CED Course No. K05-003 - Financial Proposals and Presentations: The Why and How. Students who have taken those courses previously can expect to see a review on these topics.)
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- List the elements needed for effective goals
- Identify measurable work performance goals
- Analyze floor plans for optimal work flow
- Analyze work flows to determine their current efficiency
- Explain and apply the principles of 'production equilibrium'
- Determine work process flow adequacy
- Revise workflows to improve efficiency
- Explain the concept of 'cycle time'
- Create optimal production cycle timing
- Analyze work flows looking for improved efficiency and productivity
- Analyze expected work flows to determine equipment and staffing needs
- Learn to calculate the existing costs and production capacity of an existing workforce
- Apply the skills learned to practice exercises within the course
- Analyze historical data with a variety of statistical tools
- Forecast your ability to meet future business opportunities
- Analyze existing staffing and production needs to devise the most economical mix of full and part-time employees
- Determine production equilibrium across work stations in a production flow to maximize production while minimizing costs
- Determine how efficiently employees are working
- Discover if they are being "productive" or "busy"
- Predict future demand and capacity with more confidence using historical data
- Conduct break-even analyses to select the best use of resources
- Use historical data effectively to support financial proposals
- Use weighted data effectively to forecast future trends
- Prioritize a list of group options for decision making
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, "Manage Productivity to Maximize Profit".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.