This online engineering PDH course will teach you how to develop practical leadership skills for use with any workforce regardless of educational, professional, or social background. You will learn effective and proven techniques in motivating people, setting effective performance objectives, assessing that performance easily, and coaching for performance.
This course provides practical and easy-to-follow guidance for new leaders who want to develop effective leadership skills without the pain of a trial-and-error approach. It is also effective for seasoned leaders to use as a guideline in mentoring newer ones. Systematic guidance helps users develop "soft skills" measurements for activities such as teamwork, quality service, oral and written communications. There is also a structured methodology to determine why an employee is not performing to expectations as well as a powerful "how to" guideline on effective coaching for use anywhere in 30 seconds or less.
This 8 PDH online course is intended for professionals in managerial positions, who are interested in developing effective leadership skills that will increase their value to their employer as well as increase their career satisfaction.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Discover what motivates your employees individually
- Apply those motivational discoveries to get increased morale and productivity
- Improve your interaction with employees who are your minimal performers
- Identify reasons why those employees are minimal performers and develop strategies to remedy them
- Channel employee motivation into improved departmental morale and performance
- Develop measurements for objective and subjective behaviors for effective performance management
- Work with employees to identify measurable work performance goals for them
- Create a Goal Setting Worksheet (GSW) for use with employees to make the annual performance assessment less stressful on you and them
- Plan and conduct an effective goal-setting meeting with employees
- Learn the five simple questions necessary for an effective goal-setting meeting
- Identify potential training needs for your employees
- Determine whether management created obstacles preventing an employee's performance to standards or the employee simply does not want to perform
- Coach effectively to change undesirable behavior in your employees
- Coach effectively to continue desired behavior in your employees
- Achieve greater work results through improved departmental morale and productivity
- Be of greater assistance to your manager because of your improved leadership skills
- Assist your manager in developing more effective productivity monitoring systems for your department
- Help your manager plan the future of your department
- Increase your value to the organization by increasing your basic leadership skills
- Apply these techniques in situations outside the workplace
- Identify the rank order of the top 10 most important job conditions in the eyes of hourly American employees
- Identify the work group most knowledgeable about what happens at the production level in any organization
- Understand why employees may allow problems to occur in a production setting
- Increase the probability employees will speak up about potential problems before they occur
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled "Leadership Fundamentals".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.