Key Aspects of High Voltage Industrial Network Design
This online engineering PDH course provides information on the fundamentals of the design of high voltage industrial network electrical systems including details about various system constraints, reactive power compensation, autonomous power production, choice of the grounding system, insulation coordination analysis.
Electrical networks provide the energy needed to operate production facilities. The provision of an uninterrupted power supply to loads was strived for from the start of the network design, especially during preliminary design of the single line diagram. Reductions in electrical installation and operating costs, together with reliable uninterrupted operation, are key profitability conditions.
This course focusses on the assessment involved in the design of High Voltage (HV) high power industrial networks.
This 5 PDH online course is applicable to electrical engineers who are interested in understanding the important aspects when designing high voltage industrial networks.
This continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the main rules of industrial network design
- Familiarizing with the constraints linked to the industrial and electrical processes and imposed by the utility electrical power distribution network
- Learning about reactive power compensation and backup and replacement sources
- Understanding autonomous electrical energy production
- Gaining a general overview on the insulation coordination analysis
- Learning about network dynamic stability and standard network structures
- Understanding how to choose optimal network structure and operation, motor starting method and earthing system
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.