In Situ Thermal Remediation - Part 2
This online engineering PDH course provides additional information on the appropriate screening, selection and application of in situ thermal remediation (ISTR) technologies including steam enhanced extraction injection, electrical resistivity heating, and thermal conductive heating.
A significant number of sites are contaminated with high levels of organic contaminants. These contaminated sites include hundreds of Federal installations and thousands of private facilities. The contaminants in these sites especially non-aqueous phase liquids (NAPL) have been difficult to treat with conventional technologies such as groundwater extraction, bioremediation and soil vapor extraction. More aggressive technologies have been sought to address these conditions including in situ chemical oxidation, surfactant/solvent flushing and ISTR methods. ISTR methods are the most aggressive and effective of these techniques.
This course is a continuation of “In Situ Thermal Remediation – Part 1” and discusses the design considerations once overall remediation strategies are defined, and presents an overview of case study information, as well as performance monitoring requirements, maintenance, and shutdown criteria that ensure safe and efficient remediation operations.
This 9 PDH online course is applicable to environmental engineers, geologists, hydrogeologist and soil scientists who are interested in expanding their knowledge on the selection and appropriate use of in situ thermal remediation (ISTR) technologies.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the design process of thermal conductive heating, electrical resistivity heating, and steam enhanced extraction
- Familiarizing with the subsurface monitoring for ISTR technologies
- Familiarizing with the operations and maintenance for ISTR technologies
- Learning about the ISTR system shutdown and confirmation of clean up
- Learning about the cost and performance remedial action report upon the completion of an ISTR project
- Gaining a general overview on a set of issues while implementing ISTR projects such as safety, community acceptance and education, contracting approaches, and regulatory issues
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.