HVAC Tips for Green Buildings
This online engineering PDH course discusses some of the proven energy efficiency HVAC concepts for the new building projects. The course focuses on the design of energy efficient building architecture, building construction materials, HVAC equipment design considerations, energy, refrigerants, construction practices, indoor environment quality and commissioning practices.
Buildings as they are designed and used today, symbolize unrestrained consumption of energy and other natural resources with its consequent negative environment impact. Green HVAC design means improving a facility's indoor air quality (IAQ) and energy consumption as much as possible.
Like many other appliances, the cost of your indoor comfort system includes not only its initial price, but also the ongoing costs of operation and maintenance. This means that the cooling and heating equipment and controls that you select today will continue to impact your finances for as long as you occupy the building. That's why investing in a high efficiency comfort system and maintaining your comfort system makes sense.
This 10 PDH online course is intended for engineers, architects, realtors, building owners, facility managers, interior designers, landscape architects, construction managers, lenders and educators and other professionals interested in learning about tips for green buildings.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Importance of bio-climatic/solar passive building design, building siting, day-lighting and other architectural elements for minimizing HVAC loads
- Affect of energy efficient lighting and appliances on HVAC system
- Principles of heat transfer and the parameters affecting the selection of energy efficient building envelope materials for roof, walls, glazing and insulation
- Criteria for selecting appropriate cooling system for your application - package units, ductless split, central chiller systems
- Impact of CFC compounds on ozone depletion and adopting environment friendly refrigerants
- Principles of cooling tower operation and importance of cooling water treatment
- Selection criteria for hydronic system including chilled water & condenser water pumps, variable speed pumping, chilled water distribution schemes, piping and heat recovery
- Selection criteria for energy efficient air distribution system including air handlers, variable air volume systems, optimal air distribution systems, and ductwork.
- The heat recovery devices and systems such as airside & waterside economizers, enthalpy & heat wheels, heat pipe systems and run-around systems
- Alternate system designs using dedicated outdoor air handling systems, demand control ventilation, displacement ventilation, hybrid ventilation, heat pumps and evaporative cooling systems
- Energy efficient space heating systems including furnaces, boilers, heat recovery devices, radiant slab and panel heating systems
- The concepts of thermal energy storage and energy management systems
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document tilted, "HVAC Tips for Green Buildings".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.