HVAC Equipment and Systems
This online engineering PDH course provides information on the various types of HVAC heating and cooling equipments along with associated system design aspects. The course describes how to select appropriate HVAC equipment for your application and how to integrate various components as a working system.
HVAC system components may be grouped into three functional categories: source components, distribution components, and delivery components. Source components provide or remove heat or moisture. Distribution components convey a heating or cooling medium from a source location to portions of a building that require conditioning. Delivery components serve as an interface between the distribution system and occupied spaces.
This course is in continuation to the course titled "HVAC Concepts and Fundamentals", which introduced the basic design aspects, comfort parameters, psychrometrics, heat transfer concepts, heat loss and heat gain calculations and methods to calculate the energy costs, and is posted separately under Course No. M06-012.
This 8 PDH online course is intended for people who plan, design, install, and operate HVAC systems for buildings. Design engineers, architects, designers, contractors, energy auditors, facility managers and maintenance personal should benefit professionally. It is also relevant to anyone needing to know more about HVAC equipment production and use.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Central Heating Sources: Understanding the various types of heating systems available for commercial and residential applications such as furnaces, boilers and heat pumps; familiarizing with the basic selection criteria for heating system and factors considered when designing commercial heating systems.
- Central Cooling Sources: Understanding the various cooling equipments such as mechanical chillers, absorption chillers, DX units, evaporative cooling and cooling towers.
- HVAC Delivery Equipment: Understanding the various heating and cooling delivery equipments such as convective and radiation baseboard units, air handling units, unitary units, fan coil units and their components.
- Air Distribution Ductwork: Learning about air movement, components of air distribution systems, duct classification on velocity, pressure, shape and materials.
- Air Distribution Equipment & Accessories: Learning about air delivery devices such as registers, grilles and diffusers; learning about terminal devices such as dampers, louvers etc.
- System Design: Understanding "all-air" and "all-water" systems including constant air volume, variable air volume, single duct and multi-duct air conditioning systems.
- Hydronic Distribution - Piping and Pumps: Learning about the hydronic loops and understanding the principles of centrifugal pumps.
- Annual Energy Use Calculations: Understanding the concept of balance point temperature and heating and cooling degree days and how to determine annual energy costs.
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document tilted, "HVAC Equipment and Systems".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.