Hazardous Waste Identification
This online engineering PDH course introduces the hazardous waste identiﬁcation process, describes how to determine if a waste is a solid waste, and provides the regulatory deﬁnition for hazardous waste. It also discusses those wastes speciﬁcally excluded from Subtitle C regulation and those wastes exempted when recycled.
Proper hazardous waste identiﬁcation is essential to the success of the RCRA program. This identiﬁcation process can be a very complex task. Therefore, it is best to approach the issue by asking a series of questions in a step-wise manner. If facility owners and operators answer the following questions, they can determine if they are producing a hazardous waste:
- Is the material in question a solid waste?
- Is the material excluded from the deﬁnition of solid waste or hazardous waste?
- Is the waste a listed or characteristic Hazardous waste?
- Is the waste delisted?
This 4 PDH online course is intended primarily for environmental, civil, and chemical engineers and other technical staff who are interested in determining whether a given waste is a RCRA hazardous waste.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the fundamentals of the hazardous waste identification process
- Learning the definition of the term "solid waste" as used by RCRA
- Learning the definition of hazardous waste
- Identifying listed hazardous wastes
- Identifying characteristic hazardous wastes
- Interpreting the 'mixture' and 'derived-from' rules
- Interpreting of the 'contained-in' policy
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.