Gas Insulated Substation Installation
This online engineering PDH course provides practical information that has been collected from a number of different GIS projects. It addresses issues related to planning procedure, assembly techniques and considerations, document control, health and safety plans, GIS equipment tests, earthing principles and connection to transmission network. This course also discusses safety standards and useful assembly tips.
The GIS equipment installation is demanding and asks for a detailed plan and sequence of works. With great amount of involved parts in the assembly, a proper sequence plan is a basic requirement to allow an efficient work flow and a high quality installation.
This 4 PDH online course is suitable for electrical engineers with a desire to understand the fundamentals of GIS installation. Upon successful completion electrical engineers will be able to address GIS installation procedures, frequently used processes and how to set up technical installation program.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the safety aspects and assembly suggestions for GIS installation
- Understanding the overall and detailed planning procedure
- Executing document and record control
- Learning about transportation considerations and material storage
- Developing health and safety plan
- Learning how to handle SF6 gas
- Familiarizing with the special installation tools and equipment
- Conducting GIS equipment tests
- Learning about GIS earthing systems
- Learning how to connect to a transmission network
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.