Fluid Power (Part 3) - Hydraulic Components
This online engineering PDH course introduces the theory, concepts and modes of operation of hydraulic components. It also provides an understanding of how common hydraulic components function and interact with each other.
Fluid systems involve the use of fluids to transmit and multiply force. The basic hydraulic unit for this purpose makes use of various hydraulic components such as reservoirs, actuators, filters and accumulators. It also involves the use of diverse types of controls including pressure control and valves, flow control, directional control and solenoids.
This 6 PDH online course is applicable to mechanical engineers, design professionals, service technicians, operational & maintenance personnel, and facility engineers who are interested in gaining a better understanding in the hydraulic components of fluids.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn the operation of devices used to measure and regulate the pressure of fluids and to measure the temperature of fluids
- Describe the functions of reservoirs, strainers, filters, and accumulators, and their uses in fluid power systems
- Learn the types and operation of actuators used to transform the energy generated by hydraulic systems into mechanical force and motion
- Learn about pneumatics, the characteristics and compressibility of gases and the most commonly used gases in pneumatic systems.
- Learn the safety precautions and the potential hazards of compressed gases
- Understand the types of system diagrams encountered in fluid power systems
- Understand how hydraulic components are combined to form and operate together as a system
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review Chapters 8 through 12 of the Naval Education and Training Materials (NAVEDTRA 12964), Fluid Power as follows:
- Chapter 8: Measurement and pressure control devices
- Chapter 9: Reservoirs, strainers, filters, and accumulators
- Chapter 10: Actuators
- Chapter 11: Pneumatics
- Chapter 12: Basic diagrams and systems
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of thirty (30) questions to earn 6 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on Chapters 8 through 12 of the Naval Education and Training Materials (NAVEDTRA 12964), Fluid Power.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.